Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Frank LoBiondo votes against funding troops

Well, that's the headline I should write after years of Republican propaganda that anyone who voted against a war supplemental funding bill is against the troops. So we can say Frank LoBiondo voted against funding the troops today. But of course, I don't believe it. I'll quote my Blue Jersey post:

So John Adler's office is sending out a triumphant press release that he "supports the troops" by voting for today's war supplemental. I guess we can say that the Republicans, by their previous standards, don't as they all voted against it. Blah blah blah. I just hope President Obama lives up to his commitment to withdraw troops from Iraq, as so far he's switched to plan that involves not actually withdrawing them in 2009. Where is the money for these wars? I'd rather just mail a check to bail out California and any other state, or just not borrow it.